How Xenoestrogens Are Affecting Your Life
“I always wondered why somebody didn’t do something about that. Then I realized, I am somebody.”Unknown
This post contains affiliate links. Clicking on a link and making a purchase will give me a commission but that’s at no extra cost to you!
What are Xenoestrogens?
Xenoestrogens are a type of hormone that imitates estrogen. “Xeno” means foreign (unnatural/manmade). Putting it simply, an unnatural version of estrogen…no, thank you!
Estrogen: A group of steroid hormones that promote the development and maintenance of female characteristics of the body but it also takes part in the male brain. Female and male bodies require estrogen.
The human body naturally keeps our estrogen levels in balance but because of Xenoestrogens being added to pharmaceuticals, food, water, and skin care items (just to name a few for now) this throws our natural balance of hormones out the window.
What happens when our body has too much estrogen?
- Fat gain
- Water retention
- Causes women to have the “pear” shape body
- May be the cause of some cancers including: breast, uterine, and prostate cancer
- Mood swings
- Anxiety/Panic attacks
- Hair loss
- Memory problems
- Erectile dysfunction
- Trouble sleeping
- Enlarged breasts in men
Where are Xenoestrogens found?
- Anything containing pesticides ESPECIALLY coffee and tea have ridiculous amounts of pesticides sprayed on them. And how much pesticide do they spray the coffee plants with?
Mayorga Organics, Whole Bean, 100% Organic, Medium Roast, Roastmaster’s Blend 2lb
“250 pounds of chemical fertilizer per acre”AlterNet
- Animal products. Don’t worry. You don’t have to become a vegetarian. Just buy organic/hormone-free products.
- Skin care products that are not Paraben or Phenoxyethanol free, are full of Xenoestrogens. Shampoo, deodorant, conditioner, lotion, soap, cosmetics, creams…Quick Fact: Approximately 64% of what you put on your skin is absorbed into your body. 100% of what you put on your underarms and genitalia gets absorbed. READ THOSE LABLES!
- Phthalates are commonly found in baby products! How horrible is this? Here are some that DO NOT contain these body altering ingredients: (Burts Bees is my personal favorite!!)
- Plastics. Is there anything good about this other than convenience? If you haven’t yet gotten away from using plastics (like me and yes, I’m trying) then avoid heating food or drink in it, leaving it in the sun or anywhere warm, and if you can, get BPA free plastic.
- Birth control pills.
- Tap water!
How can we avoid Xenoestrogens?
- Buy organic.
- Buy all natural products.
- Make sure your meat and dairy is hormone-free.
- Read labels. A good rule of thumb is if you can’t pronounce the ingredient, it’s probably not good for you. (This doesn’t apply to pharmaceuticals.)
- Review your lifestyle and decide if you need to make some healthier changes.
- Use natural based fragrances like essential oils.
- Go BPA free.
- Avoid all pesticides.
- Peel non-organic fruits and vegetables.
- Research ingredients you’re unsure of. Knowledge is power.
- Use a water filter.
How many products contain Xenoestrogens in your home?
Next time you take a shower, read what’s in your hair care product and soap or when you’re out grocery shopping read a few labels before you buy something. You might be surprised!
1 Corinthians 16:13-14 “Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love.”NKJV